8.28.2012

The Liebster Award

Now that it's been a week {or something...I'm to lazy to actually check} since Jen gave me the award, here's the post you've been waiting for!
{See here for an explanation of the award}


#1) Who/what inspired you to create your blog?
I was a blog stalker long before I was a blogger. The first blogger that ever made me want to become a blogger was Brittney from A Day in the Life Too.... Her posts always made me laugh, and I loved her style. I was super bummed when she retired from this blog. Something silly about taking care of her newborn baby...pshaw.
{Note: I just found her family blog, A Day in the Life..., which she still blogs at, and will now happily continue stalking her. Took me long enough to find it...I'm such a bad stalker}


#2) How did you come up with your blog name?
Coming up with the blog name was the hardest part. I really wanted to come up with one of those super cute, catchy names, but I was stumped. I decided on Finding the Joys in My Journey because that's what I'm trying to do right now, and I figured that was probably what I'd be blogging about, so it seemed appropriate. To be honest, though, I see a name change some time in the future...


via
#3) What is your favorite food and/or drink?
I love anything with shrimp in it.


#4) What's your hidden talent?
I don't think I have any! As much as I'd like some of them to be hidden {ahem, piano and organ},I'm pretty sure all my talents are out in the open. Ummm...I can play "Hot Cross Buns" on the trumpet?

via
#5) If you could choose one vacation spot in the entire world, where would you go and why?
IrelandIrelandIRELAND! I'm madly in love with the language, the culture, the geography...take me there? I already know a bit of Irish Gaelic, but it's a dream of mine to live there for a while and just absorb myself in the language.


#6) What's the weirdest or most exotic thing you've ever eaten?
You have no clue how happy I am that this was one of the questions! I love telling people about this...The weirdest thing I've ever eaten is a  live cricket.
Yes folks, you heard correctly: a live cricket.
Getting it in my mouth was the hardest part - it kept trying to hop away. After that, it was fine...'cause, you know, after you bite down, it's dead. 
There were the really sour guts, but besides that, it wasn't so bad. Except for the fact that back when I did this, I had braces...and I found the remnants of a leg stuck in them later.
Have I grossed you out enough? I swear, I'm not really a disgusting person. I just make strange decisions when I've been camping with a bunch of friends for a week.

via

#7) Which is the color that best describes you or stands for your personality?
I really didn't know how to answer this, so I turned to some online quizzes. One said blue, another said light yellow, and the rest wanted me to give them my personal information before they sent me the answers. I'm going to go with blue. Personally, I like yellow better, but blue fits my personality with the way it changes and all of its shades.


#8) Would you rather be blind, deaf, or mute?
Mute. 100%, without a doubt, mute. 
I'd be miserable if I couldn't see the world, especially since I'm awful at visualizing things in my head.
I'd rather die {okay, so that's a bit over-dramatic} than never be able to hear music, or a waterfall, or my family's voices again.
I've discovered that I can literally go hours without talking, and there are other ways of communication anyway, so I'd definitely choose being mute.

#9) What's your current outfit?
Ummmm...this is embarrassing.
It's been a tiring enough week {yes, I do realize that it's only Tuesday} that I'm in my pajamas.
A.K.A. A shirt from elementary school that I still fit in {crazy, right?!} and a pair of pretty trashy basketball shorts. And, for the icing on the cake, my hair is wet. A few seconds ago it was wrapped up in a towel.
Isn't that a lovely picture?


And now, the people that I'm giving the award to:

My questions:
#1) If you were given the opportunity to live forever, would you take it?
#2) What is an everyday object that brings back memories?
#3) Would you rather be "dazzlingly clever, angelically good, or divinely beautiful?"
{if you got the reference, kudos to you! say it in your answer!}
#4) What is the most trouble you ever got in as a kid?
#5) Out of all the classes you've ever taken, which was your favorite?
#6) Who's your celebrity look-alike?
#7) You know those jokes that make you laugh every time, regardless of how dumb they are? What's your favorite?
#8) What's your favorite pick-up line? What's the worst?
#9) Quick! Two truths and a lie! {I'll guess...but you have to tell me if I'm right}

If the question could be answered by only a 'yes' or 'no', or something simple like that, still elaborate. I want to get to know you!
Get to it, ladies! When you've done it, leave a link to your post in the comments, or shoot me an e-mail. I can't wait to hear your answers!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination! I'm loving your blog, too :-) I'll get the post up soon! Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks!!! I will.....um post in the future with no crazy schoolness(if you know what I mean:)
    Em;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My post is up :-) http://megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com/2012/09/bouquets-and-butter.html
    Thanks again for the nomination! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...