7.28.2012

Santa Cruz



A conversation:

me: I took a day trip to Santa Cruz!
other person: Cool! Did you go to the Boardwalk?
me: Um, no.
other person: Oh. The beach?
me: No...
other person: What did you do?

And here is the answer:


The Mystery Spot is, like, the coolest thing ever. It's this place where the normal laws of physics don't seem to apply. As in, balls roll uphill. It's like there's more gravity there, or this weird magnetic pull, or something  like that. Near the center of the Mystery Spot, inside a tool shed, there's this "17* lean" that everyone experiences, where you're leaning way more than is ever normal. It's crazy, because you can stand on the very edge of a table, and you'll be totally leaning off of it, but you don't fall. However, if you jump off, you crash into the wall behind you. Not that I tried. And you can just walk up the ladder on the wall like it's a staircase. We had a really great tour guide - if you go, try to get in Mac's group. There was minor nausea and dizziness involved inside the shed, but it was totally worth it.


I don't know about you, but when I think "Santa Cruz", I think of the beach. I definitely do not think of a forest - but that was the second destination. We didn't do much at the Henry Powell State Park besides hike a small trail through a grove of redwoods {gorgeous!}. But the idea of doing my morning runs on that trail was enough to make me seriously consider moving there...


Fellow Californians, where do you go on vacations?  I'm totally open to suggestions!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...