7.11.2012

I'm Ba-a-ack!

And I can't believe that I missed the 4th of July! Of all the weeks to be gone...oh well. I can still celebrate it now. I've got some serious love for our country, guys. Plenty to go around, any day of the year. 




via


So there's this song, I'm Proud To Be an American. Have you heard it? I heard it for the first time at a 2nd grade play a couple months ago, and I started crying. I couldn't help it...I'm kind of a big crier. My poor future husband. Anyhoo, these are my favorite snippets from it:


American Flag american-flag

... the flag still stands for freedom
and they can't take that away

And I'm proud to be and American
where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died 
who gave that right to me

And I'll gladly stand up
next to you and defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA


There's this other song by Dierks Bentley called Home that does a pretty good job summing my feeling on the matter up -





I know we have problems, but they're so trivial in the long run! When I look at where we've come from, and where we're going, I'm grateful, immensely grateful, and definitely proud to be an American.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...