4.02.2012

{Cue the Music}


via

     Storybook happiness involves every form of pleasant thumb-twiddling; true happiness involves the full use of one's powers and talents.
      JOHN W. GARDNER

      I play piano. An overwhelming majority of the time, I feel like this skill is a burden, and every once in a while I wish I didn't have it. The main reason for that is my own laziness. However, when I choose to apply myself and actually practice, I kinda like it. Example: My friend found a piano/violin duet for the hymn "Come Follow Me" (check it out here). We've been working on it for a while. It is gorgeous! We're going to play it in sacrament meeting, and I am super-excited! This arrangement adds so much to the hymn that I already loved.

      I am constantly being reminded of the huge responsibility that I have to develop my talents and the skills I have acquired. I am actually really fortunate to have been blessed with them, and blessed with the opportunity to work my butt off developing them. Now, if I could only remember that during my more frustrating practice sessions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...