9.10.2012

I Chose...and It Happened!


via



So I woke up today, and I was like, "Hey - I'm going to have a great day today!"

And guess what?

I did! Choosing joy has such a huge impact on everything - and letting Christ light up my life makes that possible.

.....................................................................................

via

On a side note, I'm on this "spiritual detox" right now, and it's doing wonders for me. It goes like this:

+ pretty much no popular music. Not that all popular music's bad or anything, it's just that I know that the Spirit is much better able to communicate with me when I don't have lyrics of popular songs running through my head all day. I do still listen to music, it's just more church-y stuff.

+every morning, right when I wake up, I do a Vinyasa. Yoga is really soothing for me, and a great way to start off my day.

+after that, I read from the New Testament.

+right when I get home from classes, I read from the Book of Mormon.

I've been doing this ever since this post last week. I guess it's my version of that vacation in the middle of nowhere that I wanted. 

Have you ever realized that you just really need to get back to basics? How did you do it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...