6.17.2012

LOVE

Have you ever thought about what you would do if all the songs in the world were about to be destroyed except for one, of your choosing? That's how I think about it if someone asks me what my favorite song is. I love so many songs that thinking like that is the only way I can narrow it down to just one.

In case you were curious, that one song is "Come, Thou Font of Every Blessing".







 1 // 2 // 3 

I'm pretty sure that this is everything that a song is meant to be -- "virtuous, lovely, [and] praiseworthy", uplifting ... it's a prayer. I know that "the song of the righteous is a prayer" unto the Lord (Doctrine and Covenants 25:12), but this is one of the few songs that I actually feel is a prayer every time I sing or hear it.

This is my absolute favorite recording of it - I cry every time:


This is the last post for a week - hope y'all have a great one! I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I do love this song! One of my favorite versions is sung by Caleb & Sol, twin brothers with amazing voices: http://youtu.be/6TqOZd_OVcY

    Coming to you from the Covered in Grace 2012 Year in Review Linkup! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...