7.21.2013

Tourists and a Grandma Skirt


top/undershirt: thrifted // skirt: thrifted, vintage // shoes: target
First of all, I'd just like to preface this by saying that taking pictures in the garage seemed like a good idea at the time. In my head, the lighting was much better. Also, a laughing amateur photographer means blurry pictures. But I really like this skirt, so the pictures get posted anyway. The skirt has this great paisley pattern - and POCKETS. Score! It reminds me of something someone's grandmother would wear...and apparently in my book, that's a good thing.

 Second of all, are Google Reader and GFC not the same thing? 
Because I assumed Google Reader was the list of posts that show up on my Blogger homepage. But Google Reader died this month (unless it didn't), and the list of posts is still there. If anybody would care to, I'd love an explanation of what this Google Reader is. Or was. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Earlier this week, I had the chance to give a campus tour to a group of Chinese students who are visiting California. Personally, I think this is a strange city to choose to spend so much time in if you're visiting from that far away. I mean, they could be on the coast - but no, they're in the Central Valley. The hot, sweaty armpit of the Golden State. Anyways, that was a pretty interesting experience. They were not shy at all. They were totally comfortable asking us questions, even with their limited English. They had no problem asking to take picture after picture with us. I'd be too shy to do that if I were visiting another state, let alone another country! We're getting together again tomorrow for ice cream and "speed dating" to help them practice their English...and after how entertaining the tour was, I can't wait for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...