7.28.2013

Making It Up on the Spot


{Such an interesting leaf....}
top: thrifted {from the boys' section...} // skirt: thrifted //
shoes: target // necklace: earned, church

Today I gave a talk in church (Mormons do this thing where members of the congregation give little "sermons" during our meetings). I printed off my notes before we left for church and stuck them in my purse...except apparently I didn't. So I had to go up there, armed only with my scriptures and "Preach My Gospel" manual, and make it up on the spot. "Let the Holy Spirit guide", you know. And naturally, this happened on the Sunday that both the Stake President and the mission president and his wife were visiting (they're kinda a big deal, locally). 

So I guess you could say I was a bit nervous. 
Fortunately, though, it all went just fine. 

I talked about developing Christlike attributes and true conversion. The gospel wasn't made for perfect people; it's for every normal, flawed human being. God doesn't give us impossible tasks - He's given us everything we need to become like Christ, and by doing so, to become like Him. Consistency in developing these attributes leads to conversion: a change of heart, when we really only want to do good. The saying "every member a missionary" is a something we hear pretty often. I'm coining a new phrase, though: "Every member a convert". 

****Don't forget to enter the FIRMOO GIVEAWAY!****
Lena B, Actually

3 comments:

  1. Loving that top and your flats = so comfy & summer-y! :)

    Visiting from the linkup. Would you like to follow each other via GFC? I'd love to hear from you, be sure to comment when you visit so I can follow back: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment sweet girl :)
    i love that plaid shirt!

    i'm also having a super fun nautical inspired giveaway going on and would love for you to enter if you have time <3

    -marsa
    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. this outfit is great! i love how it looks well styled and put together but totally comfy at the same time!thanks for joining in the Passion For Fashion Link up xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...