12.24.2012

Me, Myself, & I ... numero cinq

Merry Christmas Eve!
As an early present, you get to hear me talk about myself!
'Tis the season... (;


#1) What was your favorite gift given to you as a child?
Considering the amount of thought that must have gone into the gifts I received as a child, I should probably remember them better...but that was an awfully long time ago! One year my grandparents got me this huge toy horse. I immediately named it Vanilla. I was usually pretty ecstatic when I got books, too.



#2) Christmas is almost here, what is that one Christmas song you could listen to on repeat?
Josh Groban's O Holy Night.
Every day, at least once a day, since Thanksgiving.
Just a wee bit obsessed...



#3) What are a few of the items on your Christmas list this year?
I've gotten rather fond of clothing....
A mustard infinity scarf, boot socks, oxford pumps, an eyelash curler, and a
Norwegian sweater, just to name a few.




#4) Do you and your family have any special holiday traditions? Explain.
Each year we pick a sibling {drawn out of a hat} to be a secret Santa for...even though by Christmas we've usually figured out who everyone has. The gifts are lovingly handmade, with tons of thought put into them. They're always a joy to open on Christmas morning!



#5) Which do you prefer: wrapping paper or gift bags? Why?
Wrapping paper all the way! First of all, there are so many fun ways you can do it - a bag is always a bag. But wrapping paper can be the newspaper or a Trader Joe's bag or some stenciled butcher paper...
And second - who doesn't love tearing through wrapping paper?


Merry almost-Christmas, everyone! I hope you're all enjoying this time with loved ones.
Drink lots of cider for me!

Christmas is a necessity.
There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that 
we're here for something else besides ourselves.
ERIC SEVAREID

all images from my Pinterest boards

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great Christmas! I like your families tradition of the secret santa, and those oxford pumps are very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...