12.22.2012

In the Midst of Celebration


via 
I know I'm a bit late with posting about this, but I wanted to say something.
Losing a small child is a pretty personal issue for me, but I still can't imagine what the families 
in Newtown are feeling right now.

I was caroling with my church group on Wednesday night, and we were singing 
"Away in a Manger" at an elderly couple's house. When we got to the third verse, I 
couldn't help but tear up, thinking of those children...

Be near me, Lord Jesus; 
I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray!
Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care,
And fit us for Heaven 
To live with Thee there.

I know they were welcomed with open arms. Those families are strong, incredible. 
They have felt every prayer, every wish for hope and peace sent their way.
I still believe in the innate goodness of people - if anything, this has strengthened that belief. One man hurt thousands, but those thousands have held each other up, helping one other heal.

via

And I think that is what Christmas is about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...